Sunday, September 21, 2008

Week 3 Rushing Blog


11:51 a.m. - Welcome back to the Week 3 Paperboy's Rushing Blog. I've got another fantasy dilemna today. Adrian Peterson vs. Ryan Grant. Normally this wouldn't be a question at all because Peterson is superior to Grant, but I heard that Peterson was limited in practice all week long. He's starting today, but has a hamstring injury.

11:54 a.m. - We had a bang up 60th Surprise Birthday party for my Dad. He was completely surprised. Before the party, I took him out to see Righteous Kill. I was the decoy basically. The movie was decent, but it had the same premise as Dexter. Guy kills bad people, so he thinks it's okay.

12:04 p.m. - I watched Meet Bill on Netflix Watch Instantly late last night and thought it was thoroughly entertaining.

12:07 p.m. - Ed Hocholi should not be suspended or fined or fired as just mentioned by the ridiculous huge Fox Pre-Game Show. The guy made a mistake, has apologized to EVERYONE and has taken enough guff this week. We should forgive him now. Even Chargers fans.

12:15 p.m. - I think I'm going with Peterson this week. He's active and playing today and that's good enough for me.

12:32 p.m. - I am so psyched to see Ironman on DVD on September 30th. I never saw it in the movie theaters because of scheduling issues, and totally can't wait to see it on DVD. A bunch of friends saw it and thought it was awesome. I might even buy it when it comes out. That's how excited I am.

12:53 p.m. - Another interesting matchup for the Giants. It has the same feel as last week's game against the Rams: Defending Super Bowl Champ vs. subpar early season team. The Giants players talked all week long about how they were not overlooking the 0-2 Bengals. I think that's definitely the case.

12:56 p.m. - God, I hope Troy Aikman and Joe Buck aren't doing the Giants-Bengals game today.

12:59 p.m. - I forgot the game was on CBS today. Thank God!

1:03 p.m. - Oh no! It's Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf! Hopefully they are better than Troy and Joe. Although they aren't great commentors. I like guys like Phil Simms, Gus Johnson and Jim Nance better.

1:14 p.m. - Great first stop by the Giants defense on the first drive by the Bengals. 2 sacks on the first drive. That's nice for my fantasy team.

1:20 p.m. - Eli and Toomer aren't on the same page for about the 10th time this season. I'm not sure what's going on with those two guys this season.

1:24 p.m. - I hate when commentors call players by their wrong name. Joe Gumbel... I mean Greg Gumbel calls Chris Perry... Chad Perry.

1:25 p.m. - Greg Gumbel apologizes for the error. I feel bad now.

1:31 p.m. - Nice stop on 3rd and Goal for the Giants defense on the 3 yard line. Shayne Graham makes a 22-yard FG, despite me dropping his ass from both of my fantasy teams last week. I hate that guy. 3-0 Bengals.

1:32 p.m. - For the first time in 71 minutes and 35 seconds (2 games and almost 1 quarter) the Giants are losing.

1:42 p.m. - Eli chucks a great 21 yard pass to Kevin Boss for his first catch of the season. I don't see Jeremy Shockey doing that for the Saints! Kidding.

1:45 p.m. - Brandon Jacobs rushes in for a 1 yard TD. On the play before, Eli threw a pass to fullback Madison Hedgecock and he was stopped at the 1. Eli's my fantasy QB again today on both teams. I'm upset that he didn't get this touchdown and it was instead a 1-run run by Jacobs. That's sick. 7-3 Giants.

1:50 p.m. - Kerry Collins is doing a good job of leading the Titans against the Texans today. To be honest, I didn't know this former Giant was still in the league.

1:56 p.m. - Chad...er Chris Perry runs 25 yards for a TD and the Giants defense looks pretty poor on that drive. 10-7 Bengals. Yikes.

1:59 p.m. - Excellent 40+ kickoff run back from Reuben Doughns to tear the momentum away from the Bengals.

2:02 p.m. - It's amazing how subpar Randy Moss is with a below average quarterback.

2:07 p.m. - Eli misses a touchdown pass to Plaxico by a toe. Carney knocks through a FG to tie the score, 10-10.

2:12 p.m. - My fantasy teams are performing so poorly today that I've turned off the score trackers for both games.

2:16 p.m. - The Giants secondary looks like crap today.

2:17 p.m. - Is it Chad Johnson or Chad Ocho Cinco? Gumbel and Dierdorf just called him Johnson after he clearly fumbled the ball on the 5 yard line. Plus it says Johnson on his jersey. What an embarassment.

2:22 p.m. - I love it how Shayne Graham has 2 FGs today when he only had 1 in the last 2 games. 13-10 Bengals.

2:28 p.m. - At the half it's still 13-10. The Giants offense and defense need to wake the hell up like they did last week against the Rams.

2:45 p.m. - There was a heated dispute at last night's party about Sarah Palin and Barack Obama. I don't believe John McCain was discussed. Is he running for President?

2:46 p.m. - While I'm excited about the Sept. 30th release of Iron Man, I think I'm more excited about the first presidential debate between Obama and McCain. Finally, America will have a chance to hear about the real issues. The question is do they care more about the issues that affect their lives or who they'd more like to have a beer with. How did that work out the last eight years?

2:48 p.m. - Brandon Jacobs honestly needs to learn how to catch the damn ball.

2:55 p.m. - I heard earlier this week that Microsoft is dropping its Seinfeld-Gates commercials. Thank God. They sucked.

2:59 p.m. - Nice punt return by Dominick Hixon. Eli needs to lead the Giants for some points on this drive.

3:00 p.m. - Ronnie Brown has 4 TDs today (3 running and 1 throwing) and he's sitting on my bench. It's not like I thought for a second to start him.

3:06 p.m. - Giants receivers are not catching the ball today as Plaxico drops another one. That's about the 4th or 5th drop today.

3:07 p.m. - John Carney knocks through a 46 yard FG after the referee misses a clear late hit on Eli. Tie ball game, 13-13.

3:07 p.m. and 30 seconds - I heard that Lawrence Tynes was warming up before the game today and is close to coming back as the Giants regular place kicker. I have no idea how they could let this happen. Carney is perfect so far as the Giants place kicker this season and I have no confidence that Tynes would have made the same kick that Carney just did.

3:15 p.m. - Domenick Hixon is really playing so well this season. 3 catches for 28 yards today plus some nice returns on special teams. I think he's the heir apparent to Amani Toomer.

3:17 p.m. - 5 TDs (or 37 fantasy points) by Ronnie Brown today. Damn. Honestly, I didn't think for a second about starting him. ...and frankly, I'm mad as hell about it.

3:20 p.m. - Did you hear about the Mentalist on CBS? What kind of a name for a show is that?!It's going to be on for 2 episodes before getting cancelled. Although, CBS doesn't cancel shows like Fox does. It just deals with the bad ratings.

3:25 p.m. - Earnest Graham has 8 carries for 1 yard today. Glad I started him!

3:28 p.m. - 26 yard FG by Carney. He remains perfect and old. 16-13 Giants.

3:40 p.m. - The Giants defense looks atrocious today. They are being totally exposed by short passes by the Bengals.

3:43 p.m. - T.J. Housh (I can't spell his name) scored and the Giants are down 20-16. That's rough...manzadeh.

3:44 p.m. - Shows you how much fantasy football "experts" know. A lot of them this week ranked Matt Cassel as the top QB starter this week. Late in the 4th, Cassel was just pulled in favor of Kevin O'Connell with the Patriots trailing 38-13. This is an unmitigated for Randy Moss.
I literally don't care about one of my fantasy teams any longer.

3:45 p.m. - Eli leads the Giants from the 31 yard line with 4:31 left in the game. Let's go Giants!

3:46 p.m. - Huge run by Derrick Ward gets the Giants to the Bengals 46 yard line.

3:47 p.m. - Finally a nice catch from Toomer to the 32.

3:49 p.m. - Clutch 3 and 10 catch by Steve Smith puts Giants on 18.

3:50 p.m. - Great 15 yard burst up the middle by Ward puts Giants on 3.

3:54 p.m. - 6 YARD TD PASS TO THE FORGOTTEN KEVIN BOSS! THAT'LL SHOW THE NY MEDIA. GIANTS UP 23-20. Eli does it again (helped by some nice running by Ward) going 69 yards in 2:41! !

3:59 p.m. - Greg Gumbel just called Carson Palmer ...Chad Palmer. He must have a love affair with Chad Ocho Cinco

4:00 p.m. - Giants defense needs a stop. Something they haven't done all day. 51 seconds left and the Bengals are driving again.

4:01 p.m. - I might throw up.

4:04 p.m. - The bane of my existence Shayne Graham to attempt a 20 yard FG.

4:05 p.m. - Graham makes it and the game is going into OT. Why couldn't he do that while he was on my fantasy team.

4:06 p.m. - Giants win the OT coin toss and the crowd goes wild!

4:07 p.m. - I'm as nervous as I was during Super Bowl 42.

4:08 p.m. - Eli and the Giants start OT from their own 20 yard line.

4:12 p.m. - Giants offense falls short on a 3rd and 6 and is forced to punt the ball. Can we please get a stop from the Giants defense??

4:15 p.m. - Great block by Sam Madison and the Giants get the ball back on their own 34 yard line.

4:17 p.m. - Big catch by Plax puts Giants at the Bengals 38 yard line.

4:20 p.m. - Eli stands in pocket amidst crazy pressure and Toomer makes his first good catch of the day.

4:20 p.m. - Carney comes out for the field goal and is iced by Bengals coach Marvin Lewis who calls a timeout.

4:22 p.m. - Carney knocks through a 22 yard field goal and Giants win, 26-23!

End of the game - This was a rough game. Sure, the Giants are 3-0. The defense played horrible...probably as bad as I've seen them play in a long, long time. Eli and the offense played well at the end of the 4th and in overtime to win. Thankfully the team has a bye next week so they can work out some of their kinks.

I'm going to throw up now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude - do you even know the issues and the stances of the hopefuls?