Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Entertain Me...

We've got a little different Entertain Me this time around.
Instead of just being entertained this past week by movies, TV and games reviews, I was entertained by some live, action entertainment.

Wicked - For the wife's 30th Birthday - happy birthday baby - we went into NYC to see the much heralded and ballyhooed Wicked on Broadway.

Overall, I thought it was great.

It was slow in parts and I think they tried to tie it too much to where the scarecrow, tin man and cowardly lion came from, but I liked it a lot.
The wife thought I was falling asleep in parts, but I was definitely not.

It kept me entertained throughout and I would recommend it to anyone.


Tropic Thunder - I finally got around to seeing Tropic Thunder and in typical paperboy fashion, I was underwhelmed by it.
I thought it was funny, don't get me wrong, but I didn't think it was that funny.
I would rent it, but not spend money to see it in the movie theater. Few movies these days are movie theater worthy anyway.




Mercenaries 2 - Speaking of being underwhelmed...
I loved the first Mercenaries game on the original XBox when it came out 4 or so years ago, so I was really looking forward to Mercs 2.
Well, two days after I bought it, I already put it up for sale on eBay.
The game overall is okay, but the enemies are so dumb that it makes the game so boring to play. I've played it for a couple hours and don't feel like wasting my time any further.

No comments: