Thursday, September 11, 2008

9-11-01

Will it always feel like September 11, 2001 just happened yesterday?

It didn't though.

It happened seven years ago today.

I can’t remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday, but the memories from that day seven years ago are still so fresh in my mind.

I wrote a blog about it last year where I shared my experiences from that day so I won’t rehash my thoughts again here. If I did, I’d probably write the same exact thing I wrote last year.

I don’t think I’ll ever forget that day.

I finally did watch a September 11th related movie – United 93 – a few months ago (I think I blogged about it) and it was one of the most difficult things I’ve ever had to watch. I never thought that I would watch a movie about the events that day. But I finally did.

I finally let myself relive part of that day …even though it wasn’t from the same perspective as the one that I have in my head. Maybe that was a step in the right direction of me moving on.

When will September 11th just be a normal day again?

No comments: