Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Yankees Season Ends in 6-4 Loss to Tribe

I don't feel like writing.

I had considered just writing a profanity laced headline with no text, but I promised my loyal readers that if I was wrong I would own up to the bullshit predictions that I made at the beginning of the series. So, here I am.

First off, let me say that Alex Rodriguez didn't lose this series for the Yankees. The Yankees lost this series for a myriad of reasons, starting with the ineptness of their offense -- which A-Rod's 4 for 15 batting statistics was a part of -- to the fact that team leader Derek Jeter grounded into 3 double plays with men in scoring position to the fact that they couldn't get it done at all with runners in scoring positions to the fact that the Indians scored an amazing 15 runs with 2 outs and runners in scoring position to the fact that Chien Ming Wang didn't come up with good pitching performances like he did all season long. I know, that's a long sentence, but I don't feel like re-writing it or editing it. And if you ask me to, I'll block your access to this blog for the rest of eternity.

It's going to be a long offseason and I think an entirely different Yankees team when the team opens spring training next March.

Will Torre be back? I think he should be, but don't think that he will be.
Will A-Rod be back? He was a different player this season and I think he was really accepted by New York this year. Does he mean it when he says that he wants to win a World Championship here, or is he just bullshitting all of us?
Will Posada, Mo and Andy be back? I would hope so, but have no idea.
As far as the other free agents: I think Rocket's done. And I think Abreu's gone as well.

It sucks when you invest so much time into a team and a season. You live and die each day with how your team performed the previous night. You root for the players. You spend your money on games. And then it ends like this.

I guess life goes on though. ...

1 comment:

SportsWeezy said...

My God Tony, you are in a state of deep depression today huh....I almost feel sorry for you, but then I remember the cocky prediction you made before the series started. I do give you credit for owning up to it (not that you had a choice because it was online)!
I honestly don't think the Yankee's mystique is alive and well anymore. It seems as though when Boston won that ALCS series blowing out the Yanks in Game 7, things haven't been the same. Otherwise, the Indians would have been forced to win a Game 5 at home which we both know they would have lost. Welcome to parity and mediocrity where Yankee's money doesn't guarantee wins. Baseball is still a game, but in NYC with Steinbrenner at the helm, it just doesn't seem like the guys in the clubhouse are having fun. I understand the expectations, but 3/4 teams this year are from small markets and seem to genuinely savor out-scrapping their big-name, big-money opponents (Phillies, Cubs, Skanks). Bye A-Fraud, bye Torre, Abreu, Pettite, Posada, Rivera...good luck getting some chemistry out of the replacements!