Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Giants Beat Vick-Less Falcons, 31-10


Nice 31-10 win by the Giants last night against the Michael Vick-less Falcons. It was a game thast we were supposed to win and we won it. Still though, it didn't leave a good taste in my mouth because the Giants didn't play a full 60 minutes again.

The defense played like ferocious pit bulls last night, giving up only 10 points, sacking Falcons QB Joey Harrington 4 times and pressuring him multiple times. After giving up 80 points in the first two games of the year, the defense has given up 54 points in the last four games.
On the offensive side of the ball though, the Giants offense didn't play a full 60 minutes. Eli was really great in the first half, throwing 12 consecutive completions. On the night, he threw 2 TDs and 300+ yards. He did though make 2 dumb interceptions and fumbled the ball once. For 75% of the game, he looked like his brother Peyton Manning. For the other 25%, he looked like Joey Harrington.

Plaxico had another great game scoring his league leading 8 TD on the season. Amani Toomer broke out last night with 7 catches for 89 yards and 1 TD. This though did not make me happy since my fantasy football opponent had Toomer on his roster this weekend. It's weird when I'm rooting against Giants players to score because I'm facing him in fantasy football that weekend.

You might notice that my blog is definitely is on the negative side this morning, because I'm pretty pissed after losing in fantasy this week. I was up by 31 points going into the Monday night's game with my opponent having Toomer and Norwood with me having Crumpler. Well, I ended up losing by 7 points.
I hate fantasy football. ... but at least the Giants have won 4 straight.

No comments: