Saturday, October 6, 2007

My Words Have Been Eaten

I'm fucking disgusted. Get your kicks now Yankee haters.

Pettitte pitched lights out tonight. It was Game 5 of 1996 World Series all over again when Pettitte led the Yankees to a 1-0 victory over the Atlanta Braves. Tonight, Pettitte gave up 6 hits over 6+ innings and pitched his heart out. Then the bugs came and screwed with the invincible Joba Chamberlain. I'm not going to blame the bugs though.

I'll just blame the lack of hitting in the last two games. It starts with A-Rod and it ends with the ineptness of Posada, Matsui and the rest of the Yankees lineup. What an embarrassment. For the past 4 or 5 years, the Yankees haven't been successful in the playoffs because their lineup disappeared in the playoffs. That's exactly what's happening again this year.

I did have a good night playing poker after the game though. I played with 15 guys and chopped the $280 pot with two other players in the first $20 tourney and then finished just out of the money in the second tourney. Plus, Under Siege is on TBS HD now. Great flick.

Fucking Yankees. ..

No comments: