Friday, October 12, 2007

iBOT Appears on ABC's Ugly Betty

First off, let me say that I normally do not watch ABC's Ugly Betty. I did last night though, as my client's product, the iBOT 4000 Mobility System was on the show.

While, I can't take credit for actually getting the placement, my firm did help execute on various items around this opportunity.

I've been in PR for 7 years and I can honestly say that I've never, ever before seen a placement that put my client is such a shining, gigantic nationwide light.

It was literally an hour long commercial on the iBOT. And that never, ever happens when you are in PR, unless you pay big bucks for it. How much was this opportunity? Zilch, zero, nada. But I guarantee that it will definitely help increase exposure and awareness of the iBOT.

If you don't know about it, the iBOT is a wheelchair that can climb stairs and curbs. It can raise up onto two wheels so the user can look into the eye of a standing person. It's available for people with spinal cord injury, MS, MD, CP and other various disabilities. I can surely say that working with the company that develops the iBOT and talking to the people with disabilities who use it has surely changed my life.

Hopefully, now that the iBOT has been on a big stage like ABC's Ugly Betty, more people will learn about just want it can do for people with disabilities.


If you want to see the iBOT in action on Ugly Betty, go to: http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing. Click on Ugly Betty and when the screen loads, click on the 10/11/07 episode. It's literally awesome.

No comments: