Monday, October 29, 2007

Congrats

I met my best friend in 1996 when we both attended the University of Maryland.

Despite the fact that I was a Yankees fan and he was a Red Sox fan, we became best friends and ended up living together for the next 7 years. ... And through those 7 years, he lived with me as the Yankees won 4 World Series.

In 1996, we lived in the same dorm room when the Yankees came back from a 2 game deficit against the Braves to win their first World Series in 15 years.

In 1998, we lived in a college suite when the 125 win Yankees swept the Braves.

Nothing changed in 1999 when the Yankees swept the Padres.

In 2000, we had graduated from college and moved onto an apartment in Arlington in time to watch the Yankees defeat their cross-town rival Mets in the World Series.

He lived through 14 straight Yankee World Series victories.

He lived through all of my gloating.

Even though we no longer live together, I had to live with it in 2004 and now I have to live with it again.

Congrats to the 2007 World Series Champion Red Sox.

Finally, the 26 Time World Series Champion Yankees have a worthy rival.

1 comment:

SportsWeezy said...

Hey I thought I was your best friend? I even offered cocoa butter to you when you had dry-skin from the cold and windy Maryland winters. I had to live through that gloating too! It was horrendous Fuck the Red Sox and fuck the Yankees harder. Go Orioles/Nats...!