Thursday, October 11, 2007

I'm a Sucker for Skylines


Maybe I'm a sucker for skylines and history, but it never gets old when I travel to New York or Washington, DC.

I drove to Jersey City today for a client meeting and when I saw the New York City skyline, it was like I was seeing it for the first time. I think I took my eyes off the road for 5 minutes just to stare at it. I don't know what it is about the skyline, but it always leaves me in awe at the true magnitude of all of the high rise buildings in the City.


I used to live in the Washington DC area and always felt the same awestruckness when I traveled up 395 North. Since many of the monuments are located in the same general area of the City, I always drove up 395 with one eye on the road and the other on starting at the Pentagon, the Capitol Dome, and the Jefferson Memorial. That too, never got old.
When I travel to Philadelphia or other cities throughout the country like Denver or Phoenix or Chicago, I always look at those skylines and instinctly try to compare them to NYC and Washington DC. There really is no comparison though.

1 comment:

SportsWeezy said...

Nice piece....

Hey did you see A-Rod/Wang at the top of any of those buildings in NYC?