Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Entertain Me....with Funny and Unfunny

Entertain Me....with Funny and Unfunny

Funny

Blades of Glory - This was just an overall funny movie. I think me and other people will always, always compare any Will Ferrell movie ever made in the future to Old School and Anchorman. Those were two of the funniest movies ever...So it's no surprise that any fan of Will Ferrell will always compare those two movies to anything he does again.

Blades of Glory was funny and it had its moments, but I seriously think that the funniest parts of the movie were when Will Arnett - of Arrested Development fame - and Amy Poehler - Arnett's real life wife and the funniest actor on SNL - were involved in the scene. They were funny as hell...in every single scene that they were involved in. Don't get me wrong, Will Ferrell and John Heder were funny, but they just weren't that funny.

Speaking of not funny....

UnFunny

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters - Let me first say that I love Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Smelmooo turned me onto the show a year or two ago and I think that every TV episode is completely unique and ridiculously funny. So it was pretty appropriate that I went to see the movie on Monday with my boy Smelmooo.
Overall, I was so disappointed with the movie as it just wasn't funny at all. I am used to 15 minute ATHF episodes and what I got was 83 minutes of pure drivel that wasn't cohesive, wasn't funny and didn't make any sense at all. Maybe I should have been stoned or something. It definitely would have made it better.

No comments: