Thursday, April 19, 2007

Alex Comes Through in the Clutch Again!

I hate it when Yankees games are on during the day because I’m not able to listen to it on the radio or able to watch it on TV, because I’m at a thing called work. So, I resorted to watching it by the Gamer Track on CBSsportsline today. Well, I watched most of the game until there was 2 outs in the Bottom of the 9th inning. I turned it off because I thought that the Yankees were going to lose. Hey, they won 2 out of 3 against the Indians, right. That’s good enough for me, right?

Well, when I got in the car after work, I heard Mike and the Mad Dog unbelievably talking like the Yankees had swept the Indians today, so I turned on WCBS-880 and heard John Sterling’s highlight recap of the game. To make a long story short, Alex Rodriguez came through in the clutch again. That would have been weird to say last year, but definitely not this year.

The Yankees were down by 4 runs with no one on and two outs in the Bottom of the Ninth and after singles by Jorge Posada, Derek Jeter and Bobby Abreu along with a HR by Josh Phelps and a walk to Johnny Damon. A-Rod then came up and won it on the second pitch thrown to him with a big 3 run HR blast. It was his second walk-off homerun of the season and sent him, the bench and the fans that were left at the Stadium into a complete frenzy. He sure is coming through this year and it’s nice to see the fans finely routing for him.

You’ll see a new feature at the top right side of my blog with the tracker of Alex’s totals throughout 14 games this season. 10 HRs and 26 RBIs in 14 games. That’s pretty ridiculous. Hope he keeps it up.

No comments: