Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Bronx is MotherF#cking Burning

In the Summer of 1977, I was in my mother's belly.

Son of Sam was on the Loose.

And Billy Martin was fighting with Reggie Jackson and the Boss.

I watched the 8 episode mini-series of The Bronx is Burning on ESPNHD and simply loved it.

I'm a huge Yankees fan, so I already had a vested interest in watching the series. Combining new HD coverage and old school 1977 footage, the series was very well done. It told the story of the summer of 1977 in New York and covered everything from the Yankees World Series championship to detail about the Mayoral race, the Summer Blackout and the Son of Sam case. While it seemed like 90 percent of it was mainly on the Yankees, I thought that otherwise the series was well done and I really enjoyed it.

Highly recommended when it comes out on DVD

1 comment:

Smelmooo said...

It was good... but two episodes too long.

They stretched that one out ... just a tad.