Monday, September 3, 2007

A Super Bad Summer Movie Season

The summer movie season sure has been disappointing. I used to love the summer movie season. I used to go to the movie theater at least twice a month during the summer season to see the latest action blockbuster...this summer...not so much. Maybe it's the invention of Netflix that has caused my wife and I not to venture too many times to the movie theater...maybe's it's the $10 tickets and overpriced candy. ....maybe it's because they don't let you drink wine in the movie theater....

Whatever it is, we've seemed to not go to the movie theater as much as we used to. This summer we saw Knocked Up together and Hairspray and Die Hard 4 with our friends. No, I didn't see Hairspray. This past weekend we went on a couple date with Smelmooo and Tangent Woman to see Super Bad. While the company was awesome and our visit to Red Robin was terrific, I thought the movie was another story entirely.

Overall, Superbad was a funny movie with some great lines and immature humor. It wasn't the funniest movie ever. It wasn't even the funniest movie of the summer. For me, Knocked Up was funnier by leaps and bounds. Part of the reason for me was I thought that there were way too many slow parts in the movie. There would be a few funny lines followed by 10 minutes of mindless inaction. That fact along made it a Netflix rental for me rather than a must see movie theater movie. I'd give it 2 1/2 stars out of 4.


Maybe it would have been funnier if they allowed you to bring a bottle of wine to the theater. ...

2 comments:

Smelmooo said...

THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!

SportsWeezy said...

I thought Superbad was supposed to be funny, maybe i will watch it on my ipod as soon as it gets on limewire baby!