Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Don't Threaten Me With an Entertaining Time

My entertainment blog entry about movies, TV shows, video games and books (uh, not that often about books) used to be called Entertain Me! Well, I've decided to update the title somewhat to pay homage to one of the drunk contestants in my favorite show on TV today Rock of Love.

Without further ado, here's the inaugural edition of Don't Threaten Me with an Entertaining Time.
Weeds Season 2 – Dude….like if you haven’t seen this show already, I implore you to go out and buy Showtime ….and uh buy Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD...or just buy some special brownies. They are that good dude...not the brownies, the show... In short, because I have the munchies, it’s a show about a suburban mother who has two kids. Her husband has a fatal heart attack and for some reason she doesn’t have money so she decides to start selling weed to people around her rich suburban community. It’s a really good show dude. …I highly recommend it. ...uh, I’m so stoned, I don’t even know what’s going on….

Live Free or Die Hard - It’s a stupid name for a movie, but it wasn’t a bad movie at all. Let me first say that Die Hard is my favorite movie of all-time. I taped it on HBO HD the other day and am halfway through it on my way to watching it for the thousandth time. I know every single word in that movie…."The fire’s been called off my friend. No one is coming to save you. You might as well come out and join the others.”
Anyway, I liked Die Harder; thought Die Hard with a Vengeance was passable, so I looked forward to seeing Bruce Willis resurrect his career with the 4th iteration of Die Hard. He did not disappoint. I won’t give you any plot points, but to say it’s a Die Hard for a new generation. I’d recommend it.
Back tomorrow with the second edition of Don't Threaten Me With an Entertaining Time.

No comments: