Monday, January 22, 2007

Prison Break and 24 Back to Back!!


It's the return of Must-See Monday on Fox tonight as Prison Break returns after a long hiatus and 24 nestles into its 9 p.m. Monday timeslot after a gripping four-hour 2-night premiere last week. And I for one can't wait.

I thought the first season of Prison Break was definitely awesome and also thought that they should have ended the show after the first season. Alas big corporate networks like Rupert Murdoch's Fox does not put millions into a show just to see it end after one season.

I for one have always thought that shows like Prison Break, 24 and Lost would only work for a few seasons (if not, 1 season) and then the producers should end the show. That definitely hasn't happened with the three popular shows that I mentioned. Mind you, these three shows are my favorite shows on TV, so I'm one of the people who the producers are pandering for.

While I love those shows, I wonder whatever happened to the art of storytelling? It's simply been taken over by corporate America. In a just world: Jack Bauer would die after Season 4. Michael and Linc would either get captured at the end of Season 1 and go back to prison or simply escape and live the rest of their days on a carribean island. And some answers for Gods sake would be given on just what the hell is going on on the island of Lost. But I'm sure none of those things will come to their fruition and the networks will just cancel the shows after the drivel-ridden storylines become stale and viewership dries up. I just know I'm never getting any answers as far as Lost goes.

And I also know for a fact that there isn't a chance in hell that Jack Bauer is dying or quitting CTU in Season 6...or in Season 7. He may die sometime in Season 8, unless he gets his contract extended for another 3 years like he recently did. The age of the big bucks Hollywood contract sure has made Jack Bauer immortal. Maybe another three years of kicking terrorist butt will catch up to him.

No comments: