Wednesday, January 17, 2007

It's Tax Filing Season! Hurrah!

Am I seriously disturbed? The reason that I honestly look forward to doing my taxes every year. Isn't that nuts? Don't people usually hate to do their taxes? Don't people dread doing their taxes like they dread going to the dentist? In the words of the great and crazy Dave Chappelle in Half Baked: "Not me....not us....we were really, really high."

One reason I like to do taxes for my wife and I is probably because Turbo Tax makes it feel like you are playing a game...and anyone who reads my blog knows that I like to play games....Gone are the disturbing and government language riddled 1098 forms, replaced by easy to use fill in the blank questions. Because of the ease of use of Turbo Tax, I end up completely our annual taxes and receiving our refund before other people even start their taxes.

But most of all, one of the biggest reason that I like to complete my taxes early is of the fact that I always pay the government too much in taxes during the year and always end up getting money back giving my wife and I some extra cash to splurge. Hopefully we'll get a nice tax refund this year to allow us to go on vacation. Hawaii here we come? Hopefully we won't see the tax man coming this year...

But if we end up having to pay taxes this year, I might burn all of our files. ...

No comments: