Tuesday, January 16, 2007

24 Season 6 Begins!!

Each season, I expect the producers of 24 to come out with a horrible storyline or some ridiculous idea, but each and every season 24 surprises me. After watching the first 4 episodes of Season 6 of 24, I completely love Season 6 already. Jack is back, but he brought with him some emotional scars.

Season 6 begins with multiple terrorist attacks occuring across the United States. New President Wayne Palmer - brother of former President David Palmer - brokers a deal with the Chinese government to get Jack Bauer out of prison so that Jack can once again take down the terrorists. Jack has been tortured for the past 2 years by the Chinese government after Jack broke into the Chinese Embassy in Season 4. Needless to say, he is clearly a different person. Jack has cried before in previous seasons because of the stress of his daily life - clearly a daily life that is more stressful than most of us. But this season, through 4 episodes Jack is a clearly different person as he is emotionally and physically destroyed.

For the third straight year, my friend and I have a 24 bad guy draft. The way this draft works is that after watching the first two episodes, we picked "good" characters that we thought would turn "bad" by the end of the day. We define "bad" by someone who either is working directly with the terrorists, working with the terrorists under duress or is working go behind CTU's back to hurt Jack Bauer. So far, there's been about 14 characters introduced and here is how the draft went on Monday. The name of my team is Nadia is a Hot, Dirty Slut. I know, very juvenile, but hey, I'm juvenile. ...

My friend's team (To be named later)
1. Hamri-Al Assad
2. Walid Al-Rezani
3. Morris O’Brian
4. White FBI agent (name unknown)
5. Karen Hayes
6. Bill Buchanan
7. Audrey Raines

Nadia is a Hot, Dirty Slut
1. Thomas Lennox
2. Sandra Palmer
3. Nadia Yassir
4. Milo Pressman
5. Wayne Palmer
6. Curtis Manning
7. Chloe O’Brian

I hate my last two picks because Jack apparently kills Curtis Manning in Hour 4 after Curtis tries to kill a former terrorist who is helping CTU. And I despise my last pick because Chloe is secretly in love with Jack and would never do anything to hurt him, CTU or America. You never know though. Weirder things have happened in past seasons. The first four episodes of Season 6 blew by with plenty of action, cliff hanging scenes all tied up by a nuclear explosion. I can't wait to see hour 5.

No comments: