Sunday, January 21, 2007

Entertain Me with Nip/Tuck & Bore Me with Black Dahlia

Nip/Tuck -- Nip/Tuck is another example of a television show that was critically acclaimed, but one that I had never watched before. Being a member of Netflix sure has increased by TV watching horizons. The show centers around a plastic surgery business run by two doctors who couldn't be more different.

Dr. Sean McNamara, is a husband and father of two who thus far in the first 3 episodes of season one that I've watched is having some big marital problems.

His business partner and polar opposite Dr. Christian Troy is a complete womanizer and in my mind one of the scariest dudes in movies today. Dr. Troy is played by actor Julian McMahon who also plays Victor Von Doom of Fantastic Four fame. I'm a big fan of that movie so everytime I see Dr. Troy in Nip/Tuck, I don't think of a sauve womanizer, but rather a devious villian.

After 3 episodes, I'm definitely a fan of the show, but I don't think it holds a candle to some of the other dramatic TV shows that I love like Rescue Me and The Wire. Through 3 episodes, there's already a number of prevalent themes like how these plastic surgery doctors are improving the outer appearance of their patients to hide the real underlying lack of self esteem on the inside. Dr Van Doom anyone??



Black Dahlia - I can't even begin to explain this movie. And it's probably not fair for me to say a word about it since I only watched about an hour of the movie. What I did see what so convulted, contrived and non-sensical that I didn't even want to waste more of my time watching it. You know, my entertainment time is valuable to me, so I don't even try to watch something when I don't enjoy it or understand it.

1 comment:

Smelmooo said...

Enjoy Nip/Tuck... the first two seasons are fantastic... Season 3 is good but way over the top and four... was differently good.

BD bit huge rat balls.

Check out my 3 Word Review on muh blog