Friday, January 19, 2007

Entertain Me! with The Office

I honestly believe the The Office is hands down the best television show on TV today. For those of you who know me, you know that I religiously watch 24 and Prison Break each week. Well, I really believe that this year The Office has surprassed 24 and Prison Break as a show that I need to watch when it's on.

My wife and I watched the first two seasons of The Office on DVD during the past few months and really fell in love with the humor of the show, its great scripts and its memorable characters like Michael Scott, Dwight Schrute, Jim, Pam and definitely our favorite Kevin. The Office was definitely one of the shows that we had completely written off during their original season runs. But like House, Arrested Development and The Wire, we're left wondering why we never watched them from the very beginning.

While Season 3 isn't as great as Seasons 1 and 2, I think it is definitely coming along and will turn out to be a great season because of a number of reasons. We just also recently borrowed the British versions of The Office and while we generally do not like British humor too much, I'm interested to see how that version compares to the American version.

Two big thumbs up for the American version of The Office. In my opinion, the best show in TV today.

No comments: