Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Web 2.0

Web 2.0 sure is interesting. Forget the jargon though. If you prefer Interweb or the Internets then you stick with those. I wanted to blog about this today because a few things happened today that made me think about how far the Internet has come in just a few short years.

For the first few years after graduation, I worked for a public relations company that worked for small technology companies. Many of these companies were dabbling with business Instant Messages, global trade management and the first iterations of customer relationship management software. The Internet was in its infancy. Before the bubble burst, companies threw tons out tons of money for lunches, happy hours and foosball tables....People wondered if printed newspapers would be extinct in a few short years ... Things like blogs, 24 hour sports coverage, YouTube, myspace or personalized websites didn't exist.

It seems like just in a few short years everything has changed and now the world is full of self made authors, artists, videographers and message board posters who actually can make a difference. Now the line between newspapers reporters and web bloggers really has been blurred. Time named "You" the person of the year - whatever that means. But if one thing is clear is that Web 2.0 will continue to evolve in whatever way the public takes it.

In the past, one of my writing outlets used to be writing of personal poems to my wife. Now, I'm writing blogs that are read by the world!!! (if the world was only 3 posers named Smelmooo, Chosen One and my brother-in-law.)

1 comment:

Smelmooo said...

awww... cmon... post the poems you wrote for me... or at least my favorite one...

The one where you used the perfectly rhymed...

"Oh Smelmooo I am full of gas... when I look at your supple ass..."