Monday, May 14, 2007

Question

Could you live 6 weeks of your life without everything you own?

I generally try not to talk about work on this blog, but I felt the need to do so today. I was outside of the office today filling in for a company that we are partners with. This company represents a moving company who was trucking the life belongings of two gentlemen moving across the country. My job today was to be at the new home of these two guys when their belonging were delivered, just in case any media showed up. Well, turns out their belonging took longer than expected to be delivered to them because of an unfortunate accident.

To make a long story short, the moving company was trucking the belonging of these two guys across the country and the truck stalled on train tracks. Minutes later a train came down the tracks and tore the train in half, damaging some of the belonging of these two guys. Some of the stuff wasn't damaged, but a Lexus SUV in the truck was completely totaled. Also on the 18-wheeler was two plasma TVs that the guy owned. He was wondering today if either of them still worked. Since then the guy's have slept on air mattresses and weren't able to access a lot of their things until they were delivered today. That's rough.

It made me wonder if I could live 6 weeks of my life without some of my worldly possessions. I know I couldn't live without my Eli Manning figurines for too long...

2 comments:

Smelmooo said...

or everything Don Mattingly...

I would be so upset if I were these gay guys.

SportsWeezy said...

Eli Manning figurines!!! He's gonna be out of the league in three years. What a BUST!
But if I was you, I would be more worried about the jerk off rag and xBox....you spend more time dealing with those two items than anything else, right?
Brings me to another point, it is a great idea to rent an 18-wheeler if you are moving across the country and want to keep your stuff, it would probably cost about $2k depending on the mileage. But a bulk move like that would save you money and it would cost $1k just to move your car (unless you drove of course).
I think I could live without it but I would be pissed as hell. You spend your whole life accumulating and purging items in your house. I'm just glad not everything was destroyed.
And Tony you can admit that you were running away with your gay-lover, stop with these grandiose stories! Keep writing this is great.
Note: Sean Taylor just showed up for OTA's. I know you really were dying to ascertain his whereabouts.