Thursday, May 24, 2007

Lost Season 3 Finale One to Remember

All I can say is Wow! I thought that the 2-hour Season 3 Finale of Lost was PHENOMENAL last night. It might have been one of the best episodes of Lost ever before and could be one of the best season finales of any show that I've ever seen.

I also think that the awesome season finale also definitely made up for an overall season that was fraught with confusing storylines, horrible flashbacks and mediocre character development.

There was just so much action in last night's episode, from Hurley driving in to save the day, to Charlie turning off the jamming signal in the Looking Glass, to the great flashbacks of Jack, to when Jack beat the hell out of Ben.

Short of a baseball or football game, I can't remember the last time, I was actually up on my feet yelling at the screen while watching TV. The scene where Ben ordersthe Others to kill Sayid, Jin and Bernard was so emotionally charged for me that from the second that Jack jumped on top of Ben and started punching him, I was literally yelling out loud, "Kill him. Kill him." I'm usually not a violent person, short of shooting people in Grand Theft Auto and throwing around the remote every so often, but at that moment, I was screaming for Jack to beat Ben to death.

Of course, last night as always, Lost raised more new questions than it answered old ones, like:
1) What the hell happened in the closing scene were a makeup-wearing Kate visits Jack at the airport? I'm assuming that they have gotten off of the island, but the time period really isn't explained.
2) Why was Jack continually referring to his father like he was still alive in the flashbacks? In the last scene we are clearly shown that the flashbacks are actually flashforwards into the future after Jack's dad had died.
3) Who is Naomi and who are the people on her boat that is 80 miles off the island?
4) Why did Ben keep saying that everyone on the island would die if they were rescued?
5) Has the old Internet rumor of the castaways being in purgatory really breathed its last breath?
6) What will happen in Season 4 with the castaways? Will they be rescued? Or they really in purgatory and does Ben's proclamation of everyone "dying" and the Jack flashbacks really occur in Hell where the good Jack is a strung old drug addict who tries to commit suicide.
Even though some many questions were raised during the Season Finale last night, I really didn't care. There was so much action from start to finish that I saved the episode on my DVR and definitely am planning to watch it again. I can't wait for Season 4.

No comments: