Sunday, March 18, 2007

I'm a Burn Victim

I have a suggestion for you if you're reading my blog. Don't ever, ever pour scalding hot bacon grease on your hand and forearm...because it hurts....a lot.

This morning, my wife and I were cooking breakfast. I am responsible for cooking the bacon while my wife cooks the eggs. After I cooked another tremendous portion of bacon, I went to empty out the bacon grease into a cup. Well, after getting all of the grease into the cup, I went to wash the pan at the same time. Stupid me, because I ended up dropping the full cup of grease. Not into the sink mind you, but all over -- ALL OVER - my entire hand and backside of my forearm. It hurt a lot...

I spent about 4 hours in the emergency room this morning and was diagnosed with 1st and 2nd degree burns. The doctors said I shouldn't worry, but that hasn't helped the crazy pain that I've experience over the course of the last few hours. Thankfully I've had some pain meds and burn cream to try to dull the pain...I'm survive, but it still hurts like hell...

Only idiots were hurt in the filming of this grease scalding scene. ....