Wednesday, February 20, 2008

This is...American Idol


With my recent slew of "I Love Eli Manning" blog posts, I sure some of my loyal readers are thinking that I've gotten a little light in the loafers. I've haven't, but this next post won't help convince you much.

American Idol is definitely one of the most entertaining shows on TV today.

I mentioned it in a previous blog post about how funny it is to see all of the freaks and geeks singing at the beginning of the season. Well, auditions are now over and it's down to 24 people competing for the title of the next American Idol.

You would think after 7 seasons the show would be a little stale, but the show consistently finds a way to reinvent itself and market itself in new ways. This year, they are offering contestant songs on iTunes. They really market the shit out of the show and this is just another example of how powerhouse of a brand American Idol really is in the U.S.

To spice up our watching of the show this year, my wife and I placed a $50 wager - the winner gets a $50 gift card to their favorite store (if I win my gift card is definitely going to be for Ann Taylor Loft--kidding).

We held a draft prior to last night's first contestant show and here's how each team shaped out:

Paperboy's American Idol Team
1 – Carly Smithson
2 – Ramiele Malubay
3 – Joanne Borgella
4 – David Hernandez
5 – Alexandrea Lushington
6 – Kristy Lee Cook
7 – Luke Menard
8 – Colton David Berry
9 – Amy Jean Davis
10 – Chikezie Eze
11 – Kady Malloy
12 – Garrett Haley


Paperboy's Wife American Idol Team
1 - Michael Johns
2 – David Archuleta
3 – Syesha Mercado
4 – Asia’h Epperson
5 – Brooke White
6 – David Cook
7 – Robbie Carrico
8 – Danny Norriega
9 – Amanda Overmyer
10 – Alaina Whitaker
11 – Jason Yeager
12 – Jason Castro

1 comment:

Smelmooo said...

This is an awesome idea... but only if you write weekly about how awesome American Idol is each week.

God... I have seen only one episode of this show... ever... and my water heater broke so F&CK Fantasia wahtever her face is.

DWTS RULES!