Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Entertain Me with Burnout Paradise

I'm usually not a big fan of car racing games so I was a little skeptical when I purchased Burnout Paradise the other day on eBay. Since I got the game though, I've thought differently about racing games.

This game is simply awesome.

First, it is fast as hell. It's so fast that it made me realize how old I am getting because I constantly crash because I don't see obstacles comign up so quickly.

Second, Burnout Paradise isn't like other racing games out there.

Unlike many racing games, Burnout Paradise is an open world sandbox type game - ala Grand Theft Auto. You don't get out of your car and shoot drug dealers and mobsters though. Instead, you drive around competing in different types of racing events from a simple race, to an event where other cars chase you and try to crash your car to an event called Showtime where you try to cause a 100 car pileup. I wouldn't try this in real life.

Because it's an open sandbox type game, there's constantly new and interesting things to do and it really never get old. For instance, if you don't feel like competing in races when you play the game, you can simply drive around -- FAST -- and screw around by jumping off ramps, finding hidden areas and crashing into cars whenever you want.

I highly recommend Burnout Paradise. It's a unique take on racing games and it will find itself as the sole game in my XBox 360 for a long time to come.

1 comment:

Smelmooo said...

I don't understand FBT....

Did the Giants endorse this game?

Why are you writing about it?