Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Rocket Explodes ....


I wish Roger Clemens wasn't lying, but he is.

I watched all 4 hours -- that's the benefit of working at home I guess -- of the Congressional hearings today of Clemens and Brian Macnamee testifying about Clemens' alleged steroid and HGH usage and I didn't believe a word that Clemens said.
I hate to say it, but I just hated the way that Roger answered questions. I hated the way that he denied everything in the face of all of the evidence. I hate how he stuttered and repeated answers -- maybe that's just something famous people from Texas do; i.e. G.W. Bush. I hated all of it, because I wanted to believe the Clemens - a favorite of mine when he was on the Yankees - didn't use any illegal substances. I wanted to believe that he has been sticking up for himself the past few weeks because he really didn't do it. But after seeing him speak at the Congressional hearings today though, I can't believe that any longer.

Brian Macnamee is a complete and utter weasel. He just looks like a sh*thead. I didn't like the short, terse way that he answered the questions of Congressmen and women, but I still believe his version - distorted it may be at points -- because of the fact that his version is backed up by what Andy Pettitte said about his conversations with the Rocket.

I do think though that it's stupid as hell to think that just because Macnamee is telling the truth about Pettitte and Knoblauch that he must also be telling the truth about Clemens. I think that's flawed logic...But I still believe that Clemens was lying at today's hearing.

And it's really sad to me.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Clemens put himself in a tough spot. He tells the truth and admits steroid use, then he admits he has been lying for years, or he lies and looks like he's lying.
I think he probably chose the lesser of two evils, but I have no sympathy for the cheating hound.
Brit in a Red State