Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Rumor: Eli to Appear on Madden 09 Cover


Loyal readers...sorry for yet another blog about the Giants, but I just had to do it.

I'm hearing rumors on the Internet today that Eli Manning is in talks with Electronic Arts to be the cover boy of Madden 09. Please God, let it just be a rumor.
While my previous comment about how Eli was jinxed by being in the cover of Sports Illustrated turned out to be off (thankfully), superstitious me fully believes in the Madden Cover Jinx.
I really hope it's not true as I don't want the Madden curse to hurt the Super Bowl XLII MVP. Just look at what happens to Madden Cover Boys when they grace the cover.
According to Wikipedia: "The Madden Curse, also known as the Madden Cover Jinx, is a myth involving the video game series Madden NFL, stating that during or after the season, if a player appears on the cover solo, that player will be cursed with either an injury or poor performance.Marshall Faulk, Daunte Culpepper, Michael Vick, Ray Lewis, Donovan McNabb, and Shaun Alexander all have suffered significant playing injuries in the season that they appeared on the Madden cover."
Read up on the Wikipedia site for more detail on the curse: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madden_curse
I can only hope that a rumor is all that it is.

No comments: