Monday, February 4, 2008

I Still Can't Believe It

No one believed in the Giants...even I sometimes had my doubts...

But I got a little confidence in the season finale against the Pats, when the starters played their hearts out. I gained more confidence when they beat the Bucs - a team that I knew the Giants could beat. I thought they could beat the Cowboys, but I was worried. And I definitely was worried about the Packers game because of the cold. After that game though, I had no doubt in my mind that they were going to win the Superbowl. I know all of the so called experts thought that the Pats were completely going to destroy the Giants. But I didn't think that. I thought it would be a close game and I wrote a blog about how the team could beat the Pats. Short of an interception that wasn't Eli's fault and some turnovers that the Pats didn't capture, the Giants followed that gameplan to a tee.
If someone would have told me that the Giant would have won the Super Bowl and Eli Manning would have won the Super Bowl MVP, I would have thought they were crazy. I had always hoped for this moment, but sometimes I never believed it would happen. I stuck up for Eli when everyone was down on him. I never gave up rooting for him. But there were times this season that I started to get down on him. Now with his leadership of the Giants last night and his big time plays on the last drive of the game, Eli Manning has become a legend forever in New York. And I still can't believe it.
This is one of the sweetest sports moments that I've ever experienced before. I never thought that my in person witnessing of Aaron Boone hitting a homerun off the Red Sox in Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS would be beaten, but this experience has crushed it.

No comments: