Monday, December 10, 2007

Smelmooo's Guinea Pig Dinner


We went to Smelmooo and Tangent Woman's famous Guinea Pig dinner for the second straight year on Saturday night and really enjoyed ourselves.

Smelmooo and Tangent Woman host a Guinea Pig dinner every year with their closest of the mostest friends to be test subjects for their family XMAS party each year. This year, the menu featured Prime Rib, Mac and Cheese with Lobster, Shrimp and Crabmeat, Sausage Stuffing and various other things. For the appetizers there was dates filled with bread crumbs and goat cheese, shrimp cocktail and other various cheeses. The dates filled with bread crumbs and goat cheese appetizer was definitely one flavor that I had never experienced before.
And let me just tell you about the Mac and Cheese with Seafood. ... It might have been one of the best things I've ever eaten. It definitely made its way onto my final meal on Death Row menu along with Cluck U Chicken and Cherry Coke.

Hopefully this awesome review and my everlasting bond with Smelmooo will get us invited back to next year's Guinea Pig dinner.

3 comments:

Smelmooo said...

We were happy to have you there.

Really happy...

I just wish the gravy worked!

tangentwoman said...

I just had lunch with someone who's going to Peru this month, and he told me that their tradition is to eat actual guinea pigs for Christmas dinner. I was impressed with myself for resisting the urge to go into a big long story about our version of the Guinea Pig Dinner.

SportsWeezy said...

You guys are so cute...love the hamster pic...