Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Exciting Conclusion to My Poker Cliffhanger

Here's my conclusion to what loyal reader Chosen One calls a cliffhanger...
Before my friend went all-in, I looked at him and told him to think back to two years ago to try to figure out what I had. People laughed at my comment at the time. After my friend went all-in, the comment was thrown right back in my face and I was faced with a big decision to make. Part of me knew that my friend was an aggressive player and wasn't calling my $5 turn bet with just a K and a lower card.
I sat back for at least a minute to try to figure out what to do. There was a 7, 9, 10, Q and J on the board. There was no flush possibility. No full house possibility. The only card that could have hurt me was a King and any other card.
In the end, I honestly thought that he didn't have a King because of the way he played the hand. And even if he did have a King to beat me with a higher straight, I was happy that I had a great night with some old friends and could stand to lose only about $10 on the night. What's $10 to a millionaire anyway, right? ...kidding.

So, I called my friend's $14.50 bet making the pot more than $45. I immediately turned over my 6,8 offsuit and my friends reaction before he turned over his cards told me that my low straight was good.

Here were his two cards.



The cards gave him 2-pair Jacks over 9s and I took home a sizable pot to end the night!

No comments: