Thursday, September 6, 2007

Bioshock: An Awesome Gaming Experience


Bioshock - I bought Bioshock for the XBox 360 a couple weeks ago and finished it last night. All I can say about it is that it was completely an awe-inspiring experience.

A few months ago, I'll admit that Bioshock wasn't a game that was a definite buy for me when I first heard about it (yes, I'm a dork and have a definite videogame buy list). One of the reasons that I didn't think it was a definite buy was because of the complete slew of first and third person shooters that are on the XBox 360. I'm tired of playing them and I generally like other types of games than straight up shooters.

The more I heard about Bioshock and the more I saw video for it, I thought that I would like it and at least give it a rental shot. After I read the reviews, many of which gave the game a solid 10 - which you never see with video game reviews - I knew that I had to buy the game.

Let me tell you one thing: Bioshock was a great, great game. From it's awesome graphics to its awesome sound, I thoroughly enjoyed playing the game for 20 or so hours. A lot of the reviews talk about how Bioshock is a different type of game because of the way that it makes you feel near the end of the game. When I read that, I thought it was simply P.R. jargon bullshit. When I actually experienced the end of the game though, I agreed.

Usually when I'm done with games, I immediately list them on eBay so I can sell them and buy another game. I'm not doing that with Bioshock, though. First, I'm letting the 30-Year-Old Gamer borrow it so he can experience what I experienced. And when I get it back from him, I'm playing it a second time. That's not something that I usually ever do, but I will with this awesome game.
Highly, highly recommended.

No comments: