Friday, September 28, 2007

Procede to Merc Giuseppe Franco

If you watch the Yankees on the YES Network, you've probably seen the commercial for a hair growing product called Procede. If you watch any Yankee game I guarantee you've seen this commercial because it is literally on every single inning. I mean every single inning. And for some reason, I can't even look away when it's on. I can't even change the channel. It has me gripped by the hair follicles of my balls.

During the commercial, there's testimony from various users on how great the product is. Hawking the product is the supposedly famous Hollywood hairdresser named Giuseppe Franco. He is on the commercial hawking the product for a full 30 seconds and the funniest part of the commercial is when he says "I don't own the company. I don't know anything about it. But I know it's the best product for thinning hair."

My wife's version of the commercial is: "HEY I'M GIUSEPPE FRANCO! I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO THIS FUCKING COMPANY IS."

Rest assured that she's watched the commercial as nearly as many times as I have and is quite surely as annoyed with it as I am. I hope Giuseppe Franco uses the product and his entire head falls off. I hate you Giuseppe Franco. You too can hate Giuseppe Franco by viewing the YouTube clip of the commercial that I've posted above.

6 comments:

SportsWeezy said...

Technically, I don't believe anything can grip you by your 'hair follicles.' I like the whole concept, Procede, hair follicles, gripping commercial...lol.

Anonymous said...

The commerical also appears incessantly during Mets telecasts. Someone needs to let Giuseppe Franco know that nobody knows who the F--- he is. He says, "Look. I'm Giuseppe Franco. I'm not going to put my name on the line for something that doesn't work." Nobody knows you, dude. Your name means zero.

The appearance of Gary Busey brings the ridiculousness to a whole new level.

I thought the commerical was hilarous the first dozen times. Now, it's mind numbing and annoying.

Anonymous said...

Procede costs $450 per application in Giuseppe Franco's Salon, but if you order it right now, Procede will ship you two bottles for just $19.99.

rocco in springfieldd said...

Let's see now..."Giuseppe" is Italian for Joe....and Franco is Italian for what?...Hot Dog?...or is it American for Spaghetti?...dunno, really...Joe Hot Dog?...or Joe Spaghetti?...suffice it to say, Gary Busey's a well known Hollywood nutcase...and Giuseppe's an annoying Beverly Hills A-hole...(trying to watch the Mets vs. Padres telecast, and putting my name on the line here)

rocco in springfieldd said...

Let's see now..."Giuseppe" is Italian for Joe....and Franco is Italian for what?...Hot Dog?...or is it American for Spaghetti?...dunno, really...Joe Hot Dog?...or Joe Spaghetti?...suffice it to say, Gary Busey's a well known Hollywood nutcase...and Giuseppe's an annoying Beverly Hills A-hole...(trying to watch the Mets vs. Padres telecast, and putting my name on the line here) rocco in springfield

David B said...

What does "I don't own anything about it" mean?

Gary Busey uses Proceed to help fix the thinning crack in his skull that made him nuts.

Is anybody watching this commercial and saying, hey, " If the Tony Danza wannabe recommends it, I'm in!" ?