Sunday, September 23, 2007

I Hate Norv Turner

When I got the Number 1 pick in my fantasy football draft a few weeks ago, I was shocked because I had never gotten the Number 1 pick before. I was estastic, but needless to say I knew that something was going to happen to the unanimous Number 1 fantasy pick Ladainian Tomlinson. I even said that to ten different people that I had no right getting that pick and knew something bad was going to happen.

Something bad to me, meant an injury to LDT. Little did I know that the "something bad" happened months ago when the Chargers made the mistake of hiring Norv Turner, a hideous head coach with a 58-82 career record. It's true that Turner is a great offensive coordinator, but he is a notoriously horrible head coach.

In three short games as the new Chargers head coach this season, Turner has single handingly ruined the best player in fantasy football history along with ruining a Super Bowl Favorite. In 3 games, Tomlinson has 1 rushing TD and 130+ yards rushing. For the last 5 years under the Chargers former coach Marty Shottenheimer, that was Tomlinson's usual stat line for one game, not three. Instead, this year under Turner's regime, Tomlinson isn't running wild on the field, he's screaming at his QB on the sideline and moping in post-game press conference.

While my fantasy team has won the first two weeks of the season, it wasn't because of the usual dominance of Tomlinson. I'm on the edge of losing for the first time in Week 3 and I can tell you that I wouldn't have to worry about a loss this week if Tomlinson was up to his old reality bending 200+ yard, 3 TD games.

Damn you Norv Turner. Your head coaching skills suck.

1 comment:

SportsWeezy said...

Could be worse...look at larry johnson and steven jackson..they are underperforming as well. Give LT some time...he will be fine. He looks a bit out of shape this year to start the season, its not all norv turner, look how he resurrected the career of frank gore and stephen davis.