Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Season 3: Prison Break


I'm a huge fan of Prison Break, but I was sorely disappointed with last season. Season 1 was terrific as it laid out the plan for Michael Scofield to break his brother - who was wrongly convicted and subject to die on Death Row - out of Fox River Prison...think there's was anything to the name of the prison since the show appears on Fox. When I initially started watching Prison Break, I wondered how an idea like this could survive more than one season. So, I was skeptical when Season 2 started.

I was right to be skeptical. ... During the second season, a group of 10 prisoners along with Michael and his brother Linc Burrows break out of the prison and are on the lame. One by one they are taken down by the FBI. Only a few survive. While the show was interesting, it definitely didn't meet my high expectations. I figured like most Fox shows it would not fade off into the sunset, but simply be cancelled by Fox...much like my favorite Drive...and much like K-Ville, which hasn't been cancelled yet, but surely will be.

Last night though, Season 3 of Prison Break started and I was completely blown away. A few of the prisoners who escaped Fox River are thrown - Sona Prison, no Fox prison name tie-ins here - into the worst Panamian prison on the map where even the guards left because it was too crazy. As with the first season, there are a lot of separate story lines that make the series interesting and fun to follow. Last night sent the stage for this season. It has tremendous potential. Let's see if it lives up to Season 1.

No comments: