Thursday, February 8, 2007

Lost Actually Reveals Some Answers

To my surprise, last night's mid-season premiere of Lost was actually pretty revealing. And I must say that I'm completely shocked that we finally go some answers (or did we?) We found out (or I think we found out...) that Julia from The Others is a doctor who was recruited by the Dharma initiative to work on the island as a researcher. So, we know (do we really know?) that the stranded castaways of Lost really aren't in purgatory or the figment of a mental patients overactive imagination, but rather they are indeed on a desolate island and the unwilling guinea pig subjects of former Dharma Initiative scientists.

We also found out that Alex of The Others is the daughter of Ben and no doubt the daughter of Rosseau, the French woman. During Season 1, the French woman referred to her child as Alex, so I can only assume that she is the wife of Ben. I'm definitely interested in learning more about this storyline as Season 3 progresses.

Prior to the mid-season premiere at 10 p.m., there was a hour long documentary of sorts where the first 2 1/2 season of Lost were recapped and interviews were held with two Lost producers. Although I really have hated the previous season filling recaps that the show's producers drum up on a consistent basis to try to draw new viewers to the show, I actually liked last night's Lost Survivor Guide. Although I am a dedicated watchers, there was definitely some interesting nuggets or "easter eggs" as the producers called them that made watching the Survivor guide worthwhile.

I'm definitely looking forward to next week's installment of Lost. Will more answers be revealed or will the producers raise new questions to frustrate me yet again? Even though last night's episode was fruitful, I'm voting on the latter.

No comments: