Friday, February 23, 2007

Catching Up

It's only been a week since I wrote my last blog, but I feel like it's been much longer then that. A lot of work and entertainment has filled my days and nights, so that's been the reason for my lack of blogging. I'll give you the short and sweet about what I've been thinking of writing over the course of the last week, but I'll spare you of long tirades or the usual graphics or photos.

A-Rod and Jeter - I can't stand how the media continues to talk about how they used to be best friends who made tent forts in Derek's old apartment in Manhattan in 1997 and now they barely talk anymore. It doesn't matter. They might not be as good friends as they used to be, but I don't need them to be good friends. I need them to talk about who's catching a fly ball when it's in the air between them. And even so, you can tell that they root for each other. Everytime one of them gets a big hit - yes A-Rod does get big hits sometimes -- they cheer each other. You don't do that if you hate the person. Believe me, I've had enemies before - Seth, Eddie, Gordon, Jeremy - and I know I never cheered for any of those asses whenever they did anything. I hated those f'ers.

Season 1 Finale of Nip/Tuck - My wife and I finished Season 1 of Nip/Tuck last night and we really loved this episode and the entire season of the show. What a great last episode with a ton of cliffhangers and surprising moments like any good season finale should have. Luckily, we won't have to wait months to find out the answers to the cliffhangers from Season 1 as the Season 2 DVD should be coming from Netflix on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

American Idol - I know, 3 years ago, I would have shot myself in the head, dragged myself naked by the neck across a field of broken glass and spilled kerosene in my eyes before setting myself on fire before I watched or admitted that watching this show, but the marriage has softened me somewhat - not in a perverted or gay way or anything. Anyway, I must admit that it definitely is an interesting and entertaining show and there are some good looking chicks on the show, so I've watched it with my wife recently. One thing I can't take though is how much Fox milks it, by putting the show on for hours every single night. This past week, the show weas on for 5 friggin hours during Tues-Thursday. Next week it's on for 4 hours during those three days. Talk about milking it.

Till next time. ...