Thursday, February 15, 2007

Entertain Me ...with The Departed

The Departed -- I haven't bought a DVD in months -- mainly because of our Netflix membership -- but I knew as soon as I saw The Departed in the movie theaters this past summer that I would be purchasing it when it came out on DVD. I eagerly anticipated the release of the movie because I really loved it in the movie theater. So, when the movie was released on DVD this past Tuesday , I ran out to Best Buy to buy it and immediately watched it when I got home. I definitely didn't waste my money on the purchase.

Simply put, The Departed is a brilliant, intelligent and well-made movie. The cast featuring Jack Nicholson, Leonardo DiCapriano, Marc Walberg, Martin Sheen and MATT DAMON (insert Team America World Police punchline here.) are all perfect for their parts. The script is great. The action is intense and cliff hanging. And the movie is well directed. Sans one sloppy editing job switching from scene to scene in the beginning of the movie, it's pretty much a flawless film and one I will enjoy watching over and over again on DVD for years to come.

I highly recommend The Departed. ...

No comments: