Monday, December 4, 2006

Entertain Me!

When I started this blog, I wasn't sure what to write about or where to get my ideas...but now I've come up with an idea that I'd like to run with. It's called: "Entertain Me!"

Along with the occassional sports-centric or random off the cuff life piece, I plan to post every so often blogs about what I'm now playing...what I'm now reading...what I'm now watching. Sometimes, it'll be a "semi-review" puff piece of what video game, book or movie I'm keeping myself entertained with...and sometimes it'll be just some random thoughts.

For the first inaugural article of Entertain Me!, I present to you now: "What I'm now playing..."

Video Games

It was a fruitful birthday of landing two great videogames. Yes, I turned 29. And yes, I plan on getting Halo 3 for my 30th birthday when it comes out next November. If that makes me a child, so be it.



Gears of War (GOW) - To the chagrin of my wife who gave me the game a week before my birthday: I finished GOW on the lowest difficulty setting in five days. She was none too happy about it, but I promised her that I was planning to play it again and again on the harder levels and that's just what I have been doing. Any free moment I have, GOW gets its time in my Xbox 360. ...
I was not impressed at all with GOW on casual - lowest difficulty - setting, but after ramping up the difficulty to hardcore, I am extremely impressed with it now. It's different than anything else I've ever played before and the graphics look phenomenal on my new HDTV. The game is pretty much made of single battle moments, where you hide behind cover while the enemy - the Locust - tries to tear the cover you are hiding behind to nothing.. When they are reloading, your character Marcus Fenix can pop to shoot back at the Locust. Like, I said it's different than the run and gun "blow the hell out of everything that moves" shooter out on the video game market today.
I've played the game a few times online on Xbox Live, but really have been concentrating on playing it on the single player setting. Rest assured that the next time I post "What I'm now playing..." I'll still be playing Gears of War.


Call of Duty 3 - One of the reasons that I asked for Call of Duty 3 for my birthday is because Call of Duty 2 was one of my favorite games on the Xbox 360. Thus far in the time that I haven't spent playing GOW, I've played Call of Duty 3. So far, it has better graphics, better scenes and more "Oh, sh%t, did that just happen!" moments than Call of Duty 2. I feel like I would be selling the game short if I said anymore about it because I haven't played it enough to give an adequate assessment of it.

That's all for now...gotta get back to my games. Until next time...the man who will never grow up grows older...

No comments: