Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Entertain Me!

Entertain Me!! What I'm watching lately!

Entertainment of the Week

The Wire (HBO) - Being a avid watcher of a number of HBO Original Series like The Sopranos, Lucky Louie, Oz and Six Feet Under, I've always seen previews for The Wire. For some reason never gave the show the opportunity. Boy, was I wrong not to watch an episode of this excellent show. Recently, I watched the final four episodes of Season 4 of The Wire when it was on HBO and I must say that even though I had no idea what was going on - since I started watching more than halfway through the 4th season - I was extremely, extremely impressed by this series. The dialogue is great...the story lines are great....the characters are excellent. Basically the entire series is about life on the streets of Baltimore. The story lines involved the mayor's dealing with the politics in the City. Cops dealing with their internal struggles while busting thugs on the street. And the main story line of the life of the thugs on the streets of Baltimore -- even 5 year olds - who deal drugs, shoot people and do all of the things that encompass the thug life....not that I would know what that means. I am definitely looking forward to the upcoming rebroadcasting of Season 4 on HBO next week and definitely plan to watch the series from the beginning of Season 1.
The DaVinci Code - After reading the smash hit novel and then watching the movie in the theater this past summer, I wasn't impressed at all with the movie adaption. On my second viewing of the movie this week, I think it's a decent movie that has some great action and suspense sequences. I am still extremely pissed that Tom Hanks got the leading role as Robert Langdon. I always thought that he was wrong for the part. My opinion is that the movie adaptation -- like a Superman or Batman movie -- would have done well no matter if Hanks was the lead or not, so I'm not sure why a less well known actor wasn't given the lead role....To give you some perspective: George Clooney should not have been Batman either. I am more upset about this then I am about Hanks playing Langdon.
Feast - My pal Smelmooo turned me onto this Greenlight movie and let me just throw out a pun and say that Feast made me want to throw up. Not because it was a gory, horror movie -- it was -- but just because it wasn't that good at all.
The story surrounds people at a bar who are attacked by monster gargoyles. The gargoyles break into the bar in drips and drabs and end up killing and eating people in interesting ways. I wish I could tell you more about the plot, but I literally fell asleep halfway through it.
That's all for now. Stay tuned for what's entertaining me lately....

No comments: