Saturday, December 30, 2006

The Butcher Goes Down in '06.

Why, oh why Saddam did you have to die....in 2006.

My sick and perverted friends have a Death Pool that I am joining for 2007. Of course, the butcher of Baghdad was at the top of my list to die in 2007.

The way that the death pool works is that everyone picks 20 celebrities, famous people, etc. who they think will die in 2007. If that person dies in 2007, you get points by subtracting 100 from their age at their death. After the year is over everyone adds up their tally and the person with the most points gets a top prize close to $300. Well, when Hussein went to the gallows at 6 a.m. today -- two days short of 2007 -- I lost my chance at scoring some early points in the 2007 Death Pool.

Yes, it's sick and perverse, but not as sick and perverse as the Associated Press showing the noose tightened around Saddam's neck this morning seconds before his hanging...Now, that's perverse.

No comments: