Monday, January 5, 2009

An Exciting Weekend


I had an exciting weekend and wanted to share the news with you:

1) On Friday night, me and the wife went to the Raritan Township Re-organization Meeting where I was nominated to serve on the Open Space Committee - for a 3 year term - and as an alternate on the Environmental Committee - for a 1 year term. I'm really psyched about both of these appointments. Who knows where it will lead?

2) On Saturday morning, me and a bunch of friends went down to AC to play in a poker tournament at Taj Mahal. 164 people signed up for the tourney and the top prize was $3210. Alas, I did not win the tourney, but finished 7th and took home a nice chunk of change. I've played in two tournaments at Taj and made the final table both times. That's some good odds. I was completely focused at the tournament and afterward felt like I was going to fall over from exhaustion. I don't know how the people who play at the World Series of Poker do it. I played for 6 hours and felt like death.

3) I'm happy to extend an offer to Chosen One to serve as my research assistant. Since, I am horrible at research and backing up my claims -- according to the Chosen One -- I want to offer him the astute position as Paper-researcher. In return, I'll offer him a lifetime supply of cocoa butter - insert inside joke here.

1 comment:

SportsWeezy said...

Dude I almost fell over laughing so hard at that last paragraph...I do the research for free my friend. Its called google, you should invest some time verifying facts before writing your salacious articles..lol. Didn't I destroy in poker at Chiller's condo? You won't find the answer on google my friend. Congrats though. I prefer college football myself. On another note, I'm excited to be friends with a member of the Open Space committee (what is that?) and environmental committee (NJ needs about 1000 more of these). Hopefully it will lead you to be a sleazy politician (sorry Megan, it's all downhill from here). Either he gets caught with a girl under a desk or a guy in the NY times. LOL.