Thursday, January 15, 2009

Entertain Me....Between Football and Baseball Season

Only 30 or so days until pitchers and catchers report to spring training, so I'm spending a large majority of my time reading books, watching movies and playing our new Wii. So, without further delay, here's the next installment of Entertain me.....
Wii (is there anything more popular today?)
It took multiple weeks until I finally gave up on getting a Wii at one of my 20 or so local electronics stores. So I finally broke down and got a Wii on eBay. I've had it for about a week and must say that it's a lot of fun. Here's the games I got for the Wii.

Super Mario Galaxy - Probably one of the best games I've played on any system in 2 years. The last great game I played was Oblivion on the Xbox 360. I loved that game and I'm close to loving Super Mario Galaxy even more. The graphics are great. The controls are tight and it's a ton of fun to play.

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition - This is one of my all-time favorite games on the Gamecube, so I spent $19.99 and got this for the Wii. I've only played this a little, since most of my time has been spent playing SMG. The controls are tough to figure out and the graphics are significantly worse on the Wii than they were on the Gamecube.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - I love Zelda games and that's why I gave this one a shot. Like RE4, the graphics stink on this Zelda. I've played the game for 2 hours so far and just left the first -boring - town in the game. The 30 Year Old Gamer tells me to stick with the game and give it a shot and I'm going to do that.

Mario Kart Wii - Just a great fun game that I'm enjoying with the wife. It's a lot of fun.

Wii Sports - Decent, and a lot of fun to play with others, but the graphics are so NES.

Wii Play - Better than I expected when you're playing with another person.
I'll write more tomorrow about the movies I've been watching and books I've been reading lately.

No comments: