Tuesday, January 6, 2009

R.I.P. Xbox #2



I think my Xbox 360 knows that I’ve been shopping around for a new Wii console for the past two weeks.

Tonight, as I was playing Super Bowl XLV against the San Diego Chargers in Madden ’09, my Xbox 360 froze up. When I went to turn it back on, it showed me the dreaded 3 rings of death.

That means it is toast.

I filled out an online repair form and even though it’s out of warranty, Microsoft says it will fix it for free because it’s a prevalent problem with everyone’s Xbox 360 consoles. It’ll take a month to fix it and by that time hopefully I’ll have found a Wii that is backordered everywhere from now until eternity.

This is my second Xbox 360 that has died from the dreaded hardware malfunction. And it certainly will be the last after I finally find a new Wii.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Oh dude. That sucks. I'm on Xbox #3 myself. My last RROD happend almost a year ago to the date. I got my Xmas gifts and put in some serious Xbox time when BOOM, the RROD. Good luck getting a Wii.

hint: Nintendo World in Rock Center Manhattan gets a huge shipment every day. If you get there when the store opens, one will be yours. (that's how I got mine)