Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Random Thoughts

Tony Romo is such a fool...
After choking during the playoffs the last two seasons, you think he would be trying to improve his quarterbacking skills. But no. Instead, this offseason, Romo has appeared on the cover of US Weekly (not that I read that) with his bad luck charm Jessica Simpson, he's sung and danced on stage with a rock band (can't remember the name) and yesterday he threw out the first pitch at the Chicago Cubs game, prior to singing a gaud awful rendition of Take Me Out to the Ballgame. If you heard it, you know how atrocious it was.
Here's a picture of Romo after his Cubs cameo....

Oh wait, that picture was taken after the NFC Divisional Game loss to the Giants. Sorry for the screw up.

GTA IV - 25 hours in...

I'll admit that I jumped the gun after reviewing GTA IV after only 5 or so hours in. Now, after 25 hours, I'm in love with the game. The camera and shooting a gun inside a building still sucks (all of the time), but the game is so immersing that I'm willing to forgive the occasional flaw of this completely immersive gaming experience
I'm a huge fan of the side missions where you can steal a cop car and run down everyday criminals or where you can deliver packages to people looking for a little extra curricular activities....
It's a great game and I imagine that I'll be getting back into playing through the main story line sooner or later...like 30 hours later.
Paperboy Continues to Hate 4-Star Oscar Winners

I'm assuming that 2001: A Space Odyssey won a bunch of Oscars when it came out in 1968, but here's another example of an award winning movie that I couldn't get through. I watched the movie for 35 minutes and turned it off.
It's not like I'll ruin it for you by saying this...but for the first 22 minutes (I counted) of the movie, there is not one ONE word of dialogue. And when the dialogue did start, it sucked.

Not recommended.

No comments: