Thursday, April 24, 2008

Entertain Me With...Forgetting Sarah Marshall

I'm a fanatical hater of movies. I love watching them, but usually after watching them, I really criticize and pick apart movies to no end. There are very few movies that I actually think are stellar. After seeing Forgetting Sarah Marshall this past weekend, I finally figured it out the method to my madness.

I'm influenced too much by hype. ...

Usually, when I go to a movie and don't know too much about it - as was the case with FSM - I end up liking the movie much more than if I read - which I usually do - a lot of reviews or information in anticipation of a movie.

With FSM, I didn't know a lot about the movie. I knew somewhat it was from the same people as Knocked Up and 40 Year Old Virgin - both of which I liked - but that is basically all I knew about it. Outside of that, I hadn't read anything else about the plot about the movie.

After seeing the movie this past weekend, I must say that I was thoroughly entertained with it. I thought it was funny and sad at the same time and it kept me thoroughly enthralled throughout.

Highly recommended.

2 comments:

Smelmooo said...

pooooooo

SportsWeezy said...

With any book or movie, I never read anything anyone else has to say about it so I can form my own, unbiased opinion...don't believe the hype!