In the first thirty years of my life...
- I wrote two short stories named The Heist and Freshmeat and never finished either of them.
- From the ageds of 15-25, I wrote over 500 poems to woo the ladies
- I met and interviewed Larry Bird, Teddy Atlas, Jim Harrick, Jalen Rose, Bill Rafferty, Gary Williams and a host of student athletes and college coaches.
- I graduated from the University of Maryland; the only college I ever wanted to go to.
- I've made great friends and I've lost great family members.
- I saw one of the greatest games in Yankees and maybe baseball postseason history when Aaron Boone hit a blast off Tim Wakefield in the bottom of the 11th inning of Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS.
- I was alive for 6 Yankees World Championships and 2 Giants Superbowl Championships.
- I have worked at Davy's Hot Dogs, Bill Clinton's White House, the US Naval Academy, Ketchum PR, Weber McGinn PR, SheaHedges Group, Schoor DePalma, H&G Public Affairs and a score of summer temp jobs.
I've loved and lived a lot and I know that I still have a whole lot living to do. And I'm going to work hard as hell to make the next 30 years even better than the last 30.
Thanks to my wife, my family and my awesome friends for making the first 30 years of my life truly memorable.