Monday, November 5, 2007

Entertain Me...With Thrillers, Comedy and Horror

Mr. Brooks - I watched Mr. Brooks last night and thought it was excellent....besides the fact that Dane Cook - who I detest - was one of the main characters in the movie. The movie surrounds a successful business man who is also a serial killer. It stars Kevin Costner, William Hurt, Demi Moore and Cook among others. During the movie, William Hurt plays Kevin Costner alter-ego (or conscience) and throughout the movie Costner fights his addiction of killing people wiht Hurt playing the devil on his shoulder. I thought it was definitely a great psychological thriller. Dane Cook nearly ruined it with his horrible acting, but I recommend the movie to anyone who loves thrillers.
Curb Your Enthusiasm - I've watched new and repeat episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm the last month or so and think that it is one of the best and most underrated comedies on TV today.
When the show first came out a few years ago, I still was in the process of watching every Seinfeld episode for the 5th time in a row or so; so, I undoubtly compared the show to Seinfeld and ended up hating Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Since I started watching it recently though, I can't get enough of it. It's a laugh out loud riot. My wife, however, hates it with a passion because many of the jokes surround Larry David screaming at someone else. I'll admit, there is a ton of screaming and yelling in the show, but that doesn't stop it from being one of the funniest shows in awhile.
Saw IV - Smelmooo and I attended a viewing (I didn't want to say "saw Saw) of Saw IV last week and it was exactly what I thought it was going to be. Gore for gore sake ...and blood...and blood ...and more blood....and definitely a confusing ending that Smelmooo had to look up on the Internet afterward because we were both so confused.

1 comment:

Smelmooo said...

Mr. Brooks was uber awesome