Monday, December 8, 2008

Entertain Me...

...with something other than the Plaxico Burress shooting.

Madmen – A friend of mine recommended it a few weeks ago and the wife and I have watched 5 episodes of Season 1 so far and really like it.

Click – Great movie. I always thought it would suck and avoided it like the plague. I saw it on TV a couple weeks ago and decided to tape it. Great, great movie. It was a little dusty in the room at the end.

Sunshine – Okay movie, but I got tired of it and turned it off halfway through.

Bloodsucking Fiends – I haven’t finished it yet, but it’s a superb book. I just love the way that Christopher Moore writes. He’s unlike any other writer I’ve ever seen before.

Here’s an example: And Tommy might have starved in Paris, if a cursory inspection of the Volvo had not revealed that it would not survive the dampness of the drive."

....meaning, his volvo couldn't drive across the ocean to paris because it would get wet. There are just so many things about that sentence that are so awesome and make him one of the most unique writers I've read before.

Pushing Daisies – I heard the other day that ABC is cancelling this superb show. F you ABC. Along with Friday Night Lights and Arrested Development this is another creative show that never caught on with the larger, reality-obsessed ingrates who live in America.

The Annual Guinea Pig Dinner - Along with two other couples, we spent Saturday night with Smelmooo and Tangent Woman at their annual Guinea Pig dinner. Thanks guys, the food was excellent.

1 comment:

SportsWeezy said...

I will check out Bloodsucking Fiends...if you like Lord of the Rings I have another trilogy you maybe interested in...The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks. I read it when I was younger and loved it...I just bought three other trilogies that follow that one by Terry Brooks and look forward to reading it now that classes are over for the semester..wooohooo!!