Monday, August 4, 2008

I Did It!!


It took 2,416 days (or 6 years and 226 days if you are counting at home), but I finally did it!

(Imagine Hiro Nakumura from NBC's Heroes raising his arms and screaming at the top of lungs "I Did It" in broken English)....

Yes, I did it. ... I have finally brainwashed my wife into LOVING the New York Yankees.

For the past 6+ years, my wife has had a passing interest in the game of baseball.

But this year, something changed. Maybe it was the constant games I've "forced" her to watch or listen to over the years. Whatever it has been, this season, she's taken a real liking to the Yankees.

So, throughout this season, I've slowly taught her about the game of baseball and the Yankees. I taught her how to score a baseball game and the intricate details behind how tagging up works.

She can now tell me where the force play is at. She can tell me the order of the Yankees lineup. She can tell me who fields what positions. It's been pretty awesome teaching her.

But it wasn't complete until today when she asked me what time the game was on tonight ...

That has never happened before. And it was then that I knew for the first time that my quest was complete.

I Did It!!

No comments: