Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Morning from Hell

What a fucking morning.

I had to drive up to Jersey City this morning for a client thing so I let the wife take the new car, while I took her car. As I usually do when I have to come up to Jersey City for these regular client meetings, I stop at Wawa for a Red Bull and a Buttered Roll...the breakfast of champions, right?

Well, as I was on line at Wawa this morning, I realized that I didn't have my wallet on me. So I left Wawa - after putting back the goods, mind you - and drove home real slowly so I didn't get pulled over in my wife's car without my license. I had visions that a cop would pull me over and think that I had stolen the car. My fears did not materialize though and I managed to get home safely and without incident. So, I got the wallet, went back to Wawa, picked up the same Red Bull and buttered roll (the same exact ones that I had picked out previously) and went on my merry way.

The morning from hell didn't end there though.

Like I said, I had my wife's car....which also meant that I didn't have my Ezepass tag. Complicating things further was the fact that I also didn't have any cash on me....a sad fact that I realized as I was driving 80 mph on Route 78 about 3 or 4 stops from the NJ Turnpike. So it flashed through my head to either run the Turnpike tolls like Thelma and Louise or just stop somewhere in lovely Newark, NJ. Well cooler minds prevailed. I drove through the ghetto fearing for my life and finally stopped at a fine gas station establishment - it wasn't - to get a $20 bill for a $1 toll.

I got back in the car without incident and am finally at my destination in Jersey City. Can the morning get any worse? I surely hope not...

1 comment:

Smelmooo said...

yes it could.

You could get arrested for raping Eli Manning